Monday 5 March 2012

If I could have a superpower...

...then mine would be the ability to fly.

Without a doubt.

To me, there is just something inherently fascinating and appealing about having a pair of wings or being able to defy gravity, which often translated itself into dreams I had when growing up. They don't come as often as they used to now, but when they do, it's such a mind rush!

Song of the day: Wings of a Butterfly by HIM (oh this song brings me back many many years!)

Maybe subconsciously, I just want to be an angel.
(image source unknown :S)
I know it sounds a bit weird to describe a feeling for something that I have never experienced, since how can you do such a thing if you have never felt it before? We covered this philosophical concept during my second year when I studied History and Philosophy of Science, and in the end, I guess it must just be a conglomeration of other feelings all smooshed together ~ theme park rides, hurtling downhill on a bike or a sled, jumping high high high on a trampoline.

All of these experiences give me the same thrill and adrenaline rush that I get in those dreams when I'm 'flying' out of the playground yelling "so long suckers", when I'm on a secret mission to save the world or when I'm flying away from people who are chasing me...probably because they do not wish for me to fulfill my world saving duties. HMMM. Does anyone else have dreams like these? O_O

This would avoid the hole in outfit problem.
(source)
Imagine the kind of scenery that you'd be able to witness from way up there? How awesome it would be if you could skip traffic queues, the money that you could save on transport?

Maybe the reality would be completely different to how I perceive it to be in my dreams. Maybe it would be really cold up in the sky, maybe I'd get airsick. And maybe it would just get plain annoying having to cut holes into the back of every outfit you wear to fit your wings through them. I'm not sure I could ruin so many clothes!

But since I'll never be able to find out, I can still dream, right? ^^

If you could have any superpower in the world, what would yours be?

Yishi xxx

P.S. On an unrelated note, I have done a Seven Deadly Beauty Sins meme on my style blog, so please check it out! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

★ Comments and follows make me happy~♥ ☆