Thursday 21 February 2013

Beautiful Creatures~


I must be on a movie roll this week, as last night I went to see Beautiful Creatures at the Odeon in Marble Arch. My housemate was very very resistant towards going to see this, but as we know, erosion is a very powerful force, and so like the wind is able to wear down stone, eventually I managed to persuade my housemate to come out.

Online ratings had prepared me for something average, so I went in not expecting anything mindblowingly awesome and in the end, I was pleasantly surprised (housemate less so). I liked the cinematography, the special effects, and the overall plot - teen angst is such a guilty pleasure of mine hehe.

On the other hand, I didn't think the dialogue was particularly great, and whilst I was impressed by the male lead's acting, physically, he was not my type... :'(


I love love love Lena's gothic make up in the movie. Despite it being generically gothy, it still looks really good - wish I could pull off something like that!

Anyway, this movie deserves less hate than it got - whilst it wasn't groundbreaking, I like it enough to want to watch the sequel if there is one, and will definitely be picking up the books!

No comments:

Post a Comment

★ Comments and follows make me happy~♥ ☆