Tuesday 19 February 2013

Warm Bodies!


Hey all! Yesterday I went to the Empire cinema in Leicester Square to watch a movie called Warm Bodies. This was the first time I'd been to the Empire, and we managed to get a sofa to watch the movie on! :D

To summarise, this movie is set in a post apocalyptic world in which most humans have been turned into zombies. It follows the story of one of the zombies, a guy called R, who retains more of his emotions than the average zombie, and the events that he sparks when he eats the brain of one girl's boyfriend, absorbing his memories to fall in love with her. For a romantic comedy, it was pretty fantastic, probably the best love story that I've come across to date. This movie really warmed my heart, and I definitely recommend it to everyone.

R of course is a fantastic character - I mean, how much quirkier can you get with a zombie who collects things, hoarding them in an abandoned airplane? 

Plus, he is sooo freaking hot! :)

(I think I may have found a new crush <3)

I really liked the emo undead make-up, the ironic narrations, and the whole tongue in cheek aspect of the film - it gave a feeling of not taking itself too seriously, but could revert when it needed to. The skeletons of course terrified me, reminding me of another movie - Hot Fuzz, which for a comedy, was oddly scary too.

When I went to see this, I didn't realise that it was based upon a book so note to self: must acquire a copy! Maybe I can treat myself to a late New Year's present hehe~

~Yishi xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

★ Comments and follows make me happy~♥ ☆