Thursday 21 March 2013

Side Effects


On Wednesday, I went to see Side Effects, a psychological thriller about the side effects of taking anti-depressant pills. I saw the trailer for this when I went to see Stoker two weeks ago, which had me absolutely hooked. Going in, my friend and I were both prepared for a courtroom showdown as the main focal point of the movie, but then it turned out that the plot was something different...and creepier.

I don't want to write too much about the plot here because I don't want to ruin anything, so all I will say is that you should definitely see this for yourself, and that it was a nice touch to have my expectations of the plot turned upside down.

I loved the acting - all of the central characters were really strong and I also loved the moral ambiguity they displayed, especially when you realise that not even the characters you root for are completely clean. Creepy. But fantastic.

On a side note, Ben and Jerry's milkshakes have become a bit of a thing now for me to take into the cinemas - you get three scoops blended with milk and both fudge and chocolate sauces. Had a lot of fun choosing flavours to complement each other, and settled on a winning combination of: cookie dough, chocolate fudge brownie and caramel chewchew. Yum! :3

Yishi xxx

1 comment:

  1. thought Stoker wasn't that great... but this looks really good! better give it a shot. and besides.. channing tatum... xxx

    ReplyDelete

★ Comments and follows make me happy~♥ ☆