I hope your new year was passed in style! This is the first time I spent New Year's Eve with friends instead of family - usually, I'm at a dinner party with family friends. Anyway, in my last post, I didn't review the resolutions I set myself for 2012, so I'll do a quick rundown here:
♥ Graduate with a 2.1
♥ Decide what I want to do with my life:
score a job/get a vocational qualification/teach English abroad?
- None of the above, eeek. If you could've told me that in a year's time I would be doing a PhD I would've laughed in your face, because in my own bittersweet words, "everyone knows how much I love chemistry". At that point in time, I wanted nothing more than to quit, that's how badly my year was going!
♥ Get some commercial awareness
- Failed. I didn't even try this time.
♥ Become a better swimmer and master the front crawl
- Failed. I think I went swimming once in 2012... :'(
♥ Continue with gym and try to lose body fat
- Failed. I went to the gym a few times, but now that I'm at UCL I have to pay for gym which is a bit off-putting, oh well~
♥ Fix my skin so that it is not so dry
- Still a work in progress, so 50%.
♥ Improve my foreign language skills laaaah~
- Failed after a few months, I'm pretty disappointed that I didn't keep this one going but my degree was more important at the time.
♥ Learn how to cook ten new dishes to perfection
- Congee, udon soup, miso soup, chicken Thai green curry, beef hotpot, potato and leek soup, kimchi fried rice, kimchi stew so 8/10... >_<:;
♥ Find a new style for myself
- Erm, I'm still not sure what my style is to be honest.
♥ And live each day as if it is my last, with no regrets!
- Kind of a silly one hehe.
Oh dear, I didn't complete many, did I? Well, here's to a fresh new start in 2013 and a fresh new (mostly) set of resolutions:
♥ Get published in academia.
♥ Go to yoga at least once a week.
♥ Explore London!
♥ Take up dancing classes.
♥ Learn to cook ten new dishes.
♥ Regain my level of fluency in Chinese.
♥ Finish writing one novel!
♥ Draw five new pictures.
♥ Make more effort to keep in contact with people, (write letters)!
♥ No more boys.
May your year be prosperous and filled with joy! :)