Sunday 15 January 2012

Photo Diary: My Cambridge Room!

Hey guys! Sorry for the lack of updates; had a pretty busy weekend and today I've just moved back to my room in college so this is the first chance that I have to post! :)

I guess I haven't really said much about the ex in my last few posts, so I'll just state here that although we're now on good terms, if real life was a Facebook page then it would read: "it's complicated". Anyway, I went to visit him last weekend, and this weekend too for his housemate's birthday. Below is a dish that I salvaged:


He tried to make a Korean beansprout soup. I rescued it and turned it into a yummy spicy udon soup.

Anyway, moving on...

Song of the day: Dreamers by afterschoolspecial

The main reason for this post is because I want to show you my room! Ever wondered what a room is like in a college in Cambridge University? Well, now you can find out if you just scroll down...*drum roll*...but really, it's not that exciting...


So many shelves...

This room shares a (thin) wall with the college bar, which has the unfortunate and unsurprising tendency to attract a lot of noisy students in the evenings, but normally my music is enough to drown out the unwanted noise. Although, tonight it has been ghostly quiet and I know not why...


Tokki, Snowy and my Graduation Owl to keep me company!

The heating in my room gets temperamental at times, but today it is fully functioning so I will be very warm (and happy) tonight! When it wasn't working last semester, it made for some very cold nights since my windows are single glazing and I am plagued by cold air drafts.


Pretty cupboards!

Decided to throw in a picture of the cupboard set as I quite liked the design.


Dinner...not very pretty I know, but I was too hungry to care at the time!

My parents bought a crate of instant noodles from Costco for me to get through the darker times of student life. The brand is called Mr Noodles, and the crate proudly proclaims "KIMCHI chicken, no trans fats" which made me very excited. However, one sniff of the soup base powder and I knew I would be disappointed, so it's a good thing that I added a load of extra ingredients to boost this dish: Chinese mushrooms, chicken fillet chunks, pak choi, spring onions, and one egg. Result? Something tasty that I gobbled down in minutes!


A little something that I'm making!

Finally, I want to show you a photo of a scarf that I'm knitting at the moment, to match a hat that I made as a Christmas present for SJ since I figured that I may as well not let the extra wool that I purchased go to waste. I started this project on Thursday night and managed to knit 80cm so far! If any of you want to know what pattern I am using then you can find it here from a lovely blog called Cotton and Cloud! :)

Here's to hoping that this will be a good semester for me!

Yishi xxx

10 comments:

  1. That udon soup looks so delicious! I like your room; it seems very spacious in comparison to most college dorms I've seen. Good luck with this next semester! I'm sure you'll do great. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I went for size this year instead of a location that would minimise noise, but I keep on forgetting to bring posters to decorate the walls...!

      Delete
  2. This looks like a great room. I agree with Tina; not only is this more spacious than most college dorms, it's definitely bigger than my apartment and I've been finished with uni for three years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Although I am definitely paying for the space with my college rent prices!

      Delete
  3. I love your room, it's spacious and bright and your soup looks so yum! Recipe please!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Recipe will be coming up soon so watch this space~ ^_^

      Delete
  4. This is a dorm room?! Mine was like a 12x12 cell. Why is everything so pretty?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess it's because I'm living in my college's "Old Court" where these rooms are over a hundred years old. But if you think this is pretty then you gotta see some of the rooms that other colleges own...

      Delete
    2. wow it must be amazing to attend Cambridge university. This is an amzing dorm room.. I remember my room to be very tiny and I didn't really like it :P

      Delete
    3. Hehe yeah, Cambridge is pretty awe-inspiring...but when I'm stressed with the workload, it's so easy to forget how lucky I am to be here... >_<

      Delete

★ Comments and follows make me happy~♥ ☆