Song of the day: Earthquake by Labrinth (Noisia Remix) heard the original on the radio earlier and at the weekend in Oxford!
Long overdue, but here it is, just for you Harley...the long awaited recipe for my udon soup! ^^
You will need:
One pack of udon noodles
One chicken breast
One pak choi
One spring onion
(Chili flakes - optional)
(Soya beansprouts - optional)
What to do:
1. If you are using soya beansprouts then boil them for about ten minutes before adding in chopped pak choi, chopped shiitake mushrooms and chili flakes if you want to include them.
2. Pour in one or two tablespoons of soy sauce depending on your taste preferences, and add in a few drops of fish oil. Adjust to your taste.
3. Throw in a diced chicken breast and simmer until the meat is cooked. Meanwhile, whisk an egg and chop up the spring onion.
4. Next up, add the noodles and when they are almost done, toss in the prawns.
5. Now comes the fun part. Carefully pour in the whisked egg, spreading the egg around the mixture and giving it a quick stir or two to create a cloudy effect. I love watching the egg blossom as it cooks.
6. Take the pan off the boil, serve, and garnish with spring onions and some drizzled sesame oil!
Tada! A perfect little feast! Hoping to stock up on more Honey Citron Tea soon as I am definitely running low...
Voila, and there you have it! I'd remembered to bring my camera with me this time and took some in progress shots but none of them turned out great which is a little sad. But oh well. An episode of Superstar Express/To Get Her today made up for it hehe.
On a final-before-I-go-to-bed-note, I'm hoping to make a banana loaf in the very near future with some bananas that are vegetating rather fragrantly in my room as I speak, so I shall let you know how I get on with that! Until then, my lovelies, take care! :)