Tuesday 27 December 2011

Retail Therapy

How to mend a broken heart: #1 retail therapy.

Today, I decided to hit the outlet sales, in an attempt to take my mind off of things. And guess what? It worked!

I decided to try wearing the heels I got for Christmas, so for the next six hours solid, I walked around in four inch stilettos. Turns out they were surprisingly comfortable, and I had no trouble walking around in them (although I don't think I'm ready to run a mile in them yet). Other than the check-out glances I got every now and then, I didn't even notice I had them on - I could've been wearing any other slightly heeled shoe in my closet. I could get used to viewing the world from my new height!

Although I'm not going to make it a regular thing since I've read stuff about shoes screwing your body over later on in life.

Anyway.

My problem when buying clothes is that it's really hard for me to see what I can team up new buys with, so in the past, I end up buying individual things that I think are really pretty, but don't really go well with anything else I own. Well, this has to change. From now on, I won't buy, no matter how pretty the clothing is, unless I can match it with something that is currently in my wardrobe.

So today, I only bought two things:


A cute Ralph Lauren faux wrap blouse!


And...


A pair of 4 inch Albano heels!


Do you know what those shoes are saying? They're whispering: "do you want to have sex with me...omnomnom...kthxbai!" :P


The aesthetic powers of that shoe are incredible...! And like, I only just discovered this...where have you been my whole life?

I think I'll team up the blouse with a cute pair of shorts or some skinny jeans for a smart casual look, and the heels will go with pretty much anything since they're edgy and black. Hopefully, this new approach to upgrade my wardrobe into something classier [elegant/sexy/hot/insert every other adjective I used in my last post about the kind of girl that guys go for] will be a good step towards change... ^^

On a more sombre note, it's been two days since the break-up, and I still miss him a lot. When I can take my mind off things, the pain eases up a little, so I think that I will take each day as it comes and try not to get upset too much since my parents don't know about him at all - it's a good thing that I didn't tell them then! Maybe if I can rebuild myself, improve myself, and just stay strong, it doesn't have to be the end.

I can still wish for a One Day kind of happily ever after (without the actual ending of the novel, of course...!)

All my love,

Yishi xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

★ Comments and follows make me happy~♥ ☆