Tuesday 13 December 2011

UP Girls

OK, I'm not gonna lie, I've never made an effort to keep up to date with what's going on across the ocean but today I came across something that piqued my interest after googling "asians with and without make-up" just for kicks -_-:; (cuz you know, I'm self-deprecating like that...more on make-up in another blog post). Presenting...*dundundun*...

The UP Girls!


A new (now I say new but in actual fact, it turns out they made their debut in 2010) C-pop all girl band from Starlight Up with the following traits: choreographed dance moves *shock horror*, the cute yet sexy dichotomy and a hellova looooot of leg. So it seems that even C-pop has now caught the Korean bug!

Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No, it must be Photoshop because holy freaking hell, those legs are longer than their torsos plus heads!


Below are videos of their first two singles so you can judge the aegyo for yourself:


You can definitely see the Korean influences here! The more I listen to them though, the more the songs grow on me (although the bits that annoyed me at the start will forever annoy me -_-:;), since actually being able to understand some of the lyrics does make a huge difference. I wonder how successful they'll be, since I guess they'll always be compared to SNSD. Then again, China doesn't really have anything like this so, who knows?


Chopsticks over and out! ^_^

Yishi xxx

1 comment:

  1. There's photoshop but they're also using the illusion of having their skirts really high up... it makes the legs look so long, but they're barely covering their front .____.

    ReplyDelete

★ Comments and follows make me happy~♥ ☆